Monday 4 September 2017

Let it Snow Frame

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I drizzled some CS Glue onto a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate. I misted it with water and spread the glue around using my fingers. I then sprinkled Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders over - I used Midnight Blue, Aqua Lagoon, Pewter and White Pearl. I made sure that all the glue was covered. I misted with a little more water and then sprinkled over some Sparkle Star CS Diamond Frost. I scrunched up a piece of White Tissue Paper. I opened it out and added it to my background, patting it down using a piece of Kitchen Roll. I put it aside to dry - approx an hour.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Rectangles and Double Pierced Rectangles Set B.

Once my background was dry, I added my frame using 2mm Foam Tape, trimming away the excess. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

I cut the Paper Cuts Let it Snow Frame and the snowflakes in the set out of Coconut White Card and added it to my background using CS Glue in a Woodware Fine Tip Glue Applicator.

I added some of the extra snowflakes. I popped a piece of CE Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Coconut White Card and cut the snowflakes. I peeled away the backing and added CS Sparkle Star Diamond Frost. I added these snowflakes to my frame/background. I added some White Pearls to the centre of some of the snowflakes.

I cut the snowflake corner from the Paper Cuts Jingle Bells Die Set out of my card with the self adhesive sheet on it 4 times and added CS Sparkle Star Diamond Frost to it. I added them to the corners of my frame adding a White Pearl to the centre of each one.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 1st September is .....................

SuzzieQ

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Just before I go, I have some workshop updates -

This Wednesday, I am running a Chalk Cloud Masterclass at CE HQ in Kettering. We will also be looking at Distress Oxides (hopefully the new colours too) so you can compare. This is a workshop that will be packed with techniques. It runs 10am till 4pm. There are just 3 spaces left - you can book here.

I am also running a Christmas Stamping Workshop on Wednesday 27th September (again up at CE HQ). The projects aren't 100% set in stone (it depends if I make anything that I think is cooler over the next couple of weeks). We will be aiming to complete 4-6 projects on the day.Bookings are now being taken for this one here.

My own Christmas themed workshop in Yardley Gobion is on Saturday 30th September. It will be a mix of die cutting and stamping on this one. Again, I haven't 100% decided what the projects are but there will be up to 6 of them. We are definately doing the one below but there will be a choice of background techniques to use and there will be a whole host of dies to choose from to make the background. You can book for this one here.

The workshop in Yardley Gobion on 28th October with myself and Leonie Pujol is nearly full with just 7 spaces up for grabs. We haven't set the projects for this one yet but it is going to be inky with lots of stamping. Don't miss out on this opportunity to spend a day with probably the bubbliest Craft Personality in the World! You can book here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

24 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia
    A lovely bright card today but I do love this year's Christmas Star die.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, what a brilliant card, love the background, such a fab technique. You are certainly busy with workshops. Well done Suzzie on winning the Freebie Friday card. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. I just love the background technique. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Julia, and the background is gorgeous.
    Congratulations to SuzzieQ
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background Julia. I'm really sorry that I can't do your workshops but I knew when the dates were originally announced that those days were already committed.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia.. Stunning card this morning and I love the effect you have created with the back ground. I also have to say the second card is just as stunning. Have fun at your work shops, wish I live closer.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-gorgeous card, love the background.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, such a beautiful card today, love it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. Wish I lived closer for all those fantastic workshops.
    Congrats to the winner.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. I do like this die.

    Shame I will be so far away for your September 30 YG day, I would love to be there.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia
    Love today's card the pixi powders are great
    Thank you love junexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. That background is stunning, gorgeous colour. Beautiful card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Gorgeous card. Wish I was able to attend one of your workshops.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia your card is stunning that is a gorgeous die. The workshop card is gorgeous too. I would love to come to one of your workshops I will have to have a talk with hubby. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this frame. Haven't got it yet, but it's on my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work Julia, well done to Suzzie Q.
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wish I was there to attend your workshop....these cards are beautiful....must, oh yes, must start on my cards....thanks Julia..luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a "cool" card design. Your pixie powder, glue, and tissue paper on acetate is a great look. I need to try this technique. So pleased I am the winner of the Freebie Friday, 1 September card! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card I do like this PP technique It looks so effective, even more so in the "flesh"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    A very pretty blue and white Christmas card

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia Gorgeous card I love the dies and the colours the background is stunning I'll have to try this technique
    I love the second card too!
    I wish I could go to one of your workshops
    Congratulations to Suzie Q

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH WOW i love this, the background is gorgeous and th die looks so fab against it.
    I love snowflake corners on it, finishes it off beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Julia. Am looking forward to Wednesday. Cu there X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, beautiful background. Thanks for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!