Thursday 6 April 2017

The Terrible Twos

Hi Bloggers.

Phew! What a busy One Day Special that was! Glad you loved the stamps and other goodies as much as I do. Busy day today - catching up with orders and then I have to drive up to the West Midlands to take my Dad to the hospital for tests early tomorrow morning. It's just a routine test, nothing to worry about.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with an Anti-Static Bag. I inked up the Gone to Pieces Mask with Clear Perfect Medium. I popped it, inked side up onto my Spellbinders Platinum Machine, added the card (dusted side down) and ran through the machine with the embossing sandwich. The ink transferrred to the deboss pattern. I added CS Crushed Grape Brillant Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set using a Low Speed Heat Tool. I trimmed it, matted it onto Black and then Coconut White Card.

I stamped the little shoes from the Woodware Toddler Shoes Stamp Set onto the plain side of a paper from Phill Martin's Timeless Paper Pad using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I painted with Seedless Preserves Distress Crayon from Set 2 - I scribbled some onto my Craft Sheet and picked up with a Water Brush. For the darker shades, I added a little CS Midnight Sky Pixie Powder to the Crayon, for the lighter shades, I added a little White Pearl Pixie Powder to the Crayon. I cut the shoes out using scissors. I added Quickie Glue Pen to the lace on the shoes and when clear, I added CS Sparkle Star Polished Silk Glitter.

I cut an oval out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Ovals. At the emboss stage, I added the Boomerang Mask and then inked through the die with Decadent Grape CS Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I cut a mat out of Black Card using Sue's Double Pierced Ovals Set B.

I stamped the sentiment from the same set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I cut out using Sue's Double Pierced Squares Set B and inked through the die with Decadent Grape Colour Cloud. I cut a Black mat using Sue's Double Pierced Squares.

I cut a couple of little animals out of the Timeless Paper using Sue's Stuffed Animals Die Set.

I finished my card off by adding a 5mm White Pearl to each corner.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, this is a fab. card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, a really lovely card today, this mask is one of my favourites from the shows. So many great tips and techniques to try from the shows too. Have a good day, hope you get caught up, and drive safely tomorrow. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, beautiful card, love all the shows too, your a real gem.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get your energy Julia? All that going on and Ally Pally this weekend with a live show to prep for. I can't be there, but will be watching. Your shows yesterday were so good and I am not surprised that they were popular, as everything looked fantastic.
    Take care and hope all goes well.
    Love the colours of today's card by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Lovely card great background mask.Thanks for all your tips and inspiration.
    Take care Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia.
    I hope all goes well for your Dad.
    take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A fabulous card. I enjoyed your shows, full of tips and techniques.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Julia x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely ideas you had. Thank you for all the tips.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Julia . Love the card you have created to day... I really enjoyed all your shows yesterday and ordered a couple of stamps for now from you. I did laugh my head of last night when you spritz the water and said not like Phill Martin..... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous those little shoes are so cute. You have a busy day ahead. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Julia, really enjoyed shows and todays card is gorgeous. My you have a busy time ahead of you, take care.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card. I did mange to catch a little of the later show, but will watch on catch up. Hope your Dad gets on okay.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, Awww such a cute card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Great shows yesterday. Got to get this mask. Love this style. Hope Dad gets results he wants. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning Julia, wow what a beautiful card it reminds me of my girls first pretty shoes and I love the background to. Your shows were brilliant and so informative. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute quirky card julia x love the toddler shoes stamp x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I like this mask and the technique you have used, I think ti would be such a versatile background. The shoes are adorable as are the little animals. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving this card julia, just fab !.
    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Julia
    I loved all. Your Hochanda shows.
    See you at AP Saturday
    Lynda Brock xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH how cute is this....luv this card...hope you have had a successful trip to the Midlands and done what you had to do and safely back home again...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card. Enjoyed your shows very much.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julia this is a beautiful and perfect card.
    I absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia,
    I really love the card! It's just so cute and the shoes are just right! They make me smile! Strange - me? Very possibly! As you say you have a busy day after two busy days and a few more to come! Take care! Safe travel and enjoy Ally Pally!
    Be good on that TV Show - well try!
    Lots of love,
    Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card Julia. Just managed to watch all the shows on Rewind as out all day yesterday. Too tired when I got home. Enjoyed all the shows and love the Woodware stamps. Especially the owls.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!