Monday 1 August 2016

Monday two-fer

Hi Bloggers.

I have a two fer for you today -

A simple little Coconut White and Black Card made using the Justrite Doodled Birds Stamp Set. I stamped everything using Jet Black Archival.

Here's the second card -

I used the Justrite A2 Card Front Basics Dies to create my card blank and my mats. On my smallest white mat (my background), I left the die in place and embossed with the Wavy Mask. I removed the mask and inked around the edges with CS Turquoise Pool Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I misted a piece of Coconut White Card and added some Aqua Lagoon and Silver Dream CS Pixie Powders. Once completely dry, I dusted with my Anti-Static Bag and then stamped the text frame from the Justrite At the Beach Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I trimmed it to a little larger than the stamp and matted onto a piece of Black Card. I stamped the shell from the same stamp set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Black Detail Powder. I tapped a little Aqua Lagoon and Silver Dream Pixie Powders into separated wells in a Mixing Palette. I added a little water to make a paint and used them to colour in the shell. I used the co-ordinating die from the Justrite At the Beach Dies to cut the shell out and added it to my text panel.

I used some remaining Pixie Powdered card to cut the sentiment using the At the Beach Dies.

I finished the card by adding some Aqua Dazzlers to the corners.

Just to let you know that I've had a delivery of Wow! Embossing Powders. I have re-stocked and I've some new colours including some great ones for Christmas projects. Just £2.50 per pot - you can find them here.

The winner of the card from Friday 29th July is .................

Smileranna

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (1st August) - Sue Wilson Vela Mini Gemini Die Set only £5.99!


28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    I love the birdy card, Thank you.
    Congratulations to smileranna.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, 2 fab cards, love the simplicity of the black and white one, however the shell card is my favourite, love the vibrant blue. Well done to the Freebie card winner. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, two beautiful cards today, thank you.

    Congrats to smileranna

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Julia. Although I love the vibrancy of the second card the black and white birdy card is my favourite.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia and crafters all,
    What a way to start August !!!! WOW 2 for 1.
    Love the black and white doodled birds, although both are pretty.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birdie card is lovely. Pretty pixie powder background on the shell card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    Such pretty cards. Love 'em both!
    Doodle birds are fab - fab -fab !
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, two great cards love the birds stamp.
    Congratulations smileranna.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards-my favourite is the first one but I love the bright colour on the second one.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia both of your cards are gorgeous I love them both. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Two lovely cards, I love the birdies and the sentiment.
    Congratulations to Smileranna.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    Two lovely cards, can't help but smile at the doodle birds.
    Congratulations to smileranna.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cards Julia the birds and sentiments are great
    Thank you xxxxx June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards julia x
    Congratulations smileranna x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great cards, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Julia, two beautiful cards and I love your doodled birds ones with the sentiments, they really are such fun. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two sweet cards. I especially like the simplicity of the first one.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. I love my doodled birds don't you. Think they are perfect for quick cards. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bird stamps - another "must have"
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both cards Julia. I have the bird stamps and have used them, they are so sweet. I also have some pixie powders, which I have used a little but need some more tutorials I think. Will definitely be trying them the way you have used them on the shell. Thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool cards. I love the simplicity of the Justrite Doodles Birds stamps and sentiments.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards Julia, the birdie one is gorgeous .
    Congrats to your lucky winner.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Two Great Cards. I particularly like the Doodled Birds and the layout. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Smileranna.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. My doodled birds have arrived, so I can have a go at that card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia

    My doodled birds arrived last Thursday and I'm itching to have a play... love these stamps

    Congratulations Smileranna

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Got the stamps through last week. So quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two fab cards today, I adore the bird stamp as they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!